Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 0

Don't want to say Day 1 because that implies something is starting...So, on day zero I started a BLOG.  I'm writing this for myself and if you are reading, How did you get here? This is my secret place to track my Crusade against Obesity.  That sounds very lofty for what is really a tracking of my own obesity and plan to lose 50 in 50....fifty pounds in fifty weeks.  This was brought on by the obvious, being overweight, but also my search for clothes that is leading me directly to Omar the tent maker.  Everyone knows someone who is reed thin and says they still feel like a fat person, well I am the antithesis, I was painfully thin and as robust as I am I still think of myself as thin and am shocked when I catch a glimpse.  That's what happened today, sitting on a friends deck, looking out at the ocean with two friends, eating lovely food, drinking a tot of wine and ooops who is the beached whale in the reflection of the sliding glass door....oh, moi.  Tomorrow will be the first weigh in and that will be the biggest secret of all.